Guide for Pepper Panic Saga Trap Doors with Tips
Pepper Panic Saga Trap Doors Details
Pepper Panic Saga Trap Doors are tiles on the board that transport peppers somewhere else. When idle they work like any other tile, but when space opens up under the “exit” trapdoor peppers move through the corresponding “entrance” trapdoor. Both trap doors are connected together, and marked with small arrows.
In the screenshot to the left you can see that the green pepper at the bottom of the left-hand column will be transported to the top of the board to where the blue pepper is currently sitting. As soon as space is available below the trapdoor it will open, and the green pepper will move.
Tips on How Pepper Panic Saga Trap Doors Work
Pepper Panic Saga Trap Doors are first introduced into the game in level 176. The way they work is pretty straightforward, but they can be a little confusing when you first see them. They transport peppers from what part of the board to another.
Trap doors come in pairs, there is an entry trapdoor and a corresponding exit trapdoor. The entrances are marked with small blue arrows at the top, and the exits are marked with small red arrows at the bottom.
Pepper Panic Saga trap doors sit idle on a tile which works just like any other tile. When space is opened up under the exit trapdoor by removing peppers below it the entry trapdoor opens so that peppers can move through. All the peppers that have been removed will be replaced by the peppers that are sitting above the entrance. This means that you can transport peppers in an orderly fashion, and when you pick your matches you will be able to tell where the transported peppers will end up.
Trap doors can be blocked by obstructions at the beginning of a level. Some levels start out with trap doors hidden by cages, ice, or statues. To access these trap doors you will have to remove the obstruction before peppers will pass through. Timer peppers move through trap doors normally, and petrified peppers do as well. Stone peppers do not block the peppers above them from being transported.
Shockwaves do not travel through Pepper Panic Saga trap doors. If a pair of doors are arranged vertically the shockwave will affect the peppers as they move down, but it doesn’t have any effect on peppers above the entrance or exit if they are in a different column.
In the beginning of the level always pay attention to how the trap doors are connected. In the screenshot below you can see that the entry trap doors in the middle of level 192 actually transport the peppers upwards to the outside columns. Most trapdoor levels have been pretty simple, but there is potential for some complexity based on how they are arranged.
The tips for Pepper Panic Saga Trapdoor levels are as follows:
- Trap doors transport peppers from one part of the board to another.
- When idle the tile where the trapdoor is placed works like any other tile.
- When you clear space below the exit trapdoor the entry trapdoor opens.
- Peppers will then be transported through the door and replace the peppers you have removed.
- Pepper Panic Saga trap doors always come in pairs. There is an entrance trapdoor which is connected to an exit trapdoor.
- Entry trap doors are marked with a small blue arrow at the top.
- Exit trap doors are marked with a small red arrow at the bottom.
- If you pay attention you can see where the peppers are going to end up after you make your match.
- If you want to hold peppers that are above an entry trapdoor in place don’t clear out space below the exit trapdoor.
- Pepper Panic Saga trap doors can be blocked by obstructions at the beginning of a level. Trap doors can be blocked by ice, cages, and statues.
- In order to transport peppers through blocked trap doors you have to remove the obstruction.
- Shockwaves don’t pass through trap doors, but they can affect peppers that are dropping if they are in the same column.
- Timer peppers move through trap doors like any other pepper.
- Petrified peppers are transported normally, and they don’t block the peppers above them from moving through the door.
- Always take a second to figure out which trap doors are connected so that you will be able to plan accordingly.
Pepper Panic Saga Trap Doors Video
In the following video we explain the basics of how Pepper Panic Saga trap doors work.
For more Pepper Panic Saga demonstration and instructional videos visit our how to play Pepper Panic Saga YouTube playlist by clicking here. While you are there we would really appreciate if you would take a moment to subscribe to our channel, and of course if you find the video helpful please click the like button below it.
If you have any questions about the Pepper Panic Saga Trap Doors leave a comment for Pepper Panic Tips below and we will respond to it as soon as we can.