Pepper Panic Saga Level 89 Guide With Tips
Pepper Panic Saga level 89 is a destroy all the statues level that starts with 30 moves. The board is broken up into two parts. The top part is where you primarily play and averages 4 tiles x 8 tiles in size. The bottom part is filled with peppers that are trapped in cages which are arranged in two tile columns with statues on both sides. Mister Claws is also active in level 89 which has five colors of peppers in play.
No matter how you look at level 89 it is hard. In fact, we believe it is the most difficult level currently available in the game to beat on a consistent basis. The constrained board size, Mister Claws, and the large number of colors of peppers in play make level 89 a true nightmare. (Update – The statues in Pepper Panic Saga level 89 have been changed and only require two hits to destroy now. This level is still difficult, but quite a bit easier than it used to be.)
Pepper Panic Saga Level 89 Requirements
To complete level 89 and move on you have to complete the following:
- Destroy all the statues (16)
The statues in level 89 all start out partially damaged and take 2 hits each to destroy.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 89 – Tips to Help You Beat It
The way you beat level 89 is simple. All you have to do is grow either the red or yellow peppers to start a pepper panic. This will cause the peppers trapped in the cages to explode next to the statues and clear about half of them out. Then you just have to repeat the process and do it with the other color to clear out most of the other statues and open up the bottom part of the board. Lastly you just need to knock out whatever statues are left and you are good to go.
If you’ve played level 89 before reading this you might think we’re crazy. But, we assure you, this is exactly how it’s done. The problem is that you have to avoid Mister Claws, who is never very far away. You also have to manage to grow these peppers in a really small space. Growing other colors of peppers really doesn’t accomplish anything in level 89 and they are constantly in the way of you being able to match the peppers you need. The number of moves is another obstacle you have to overcome as it seems like you always run out of them just as you are ready to open the board up.
To beat level 89 in Pepper Panic Saga you have to start two pepper panics. One with red peppers and one with yellow. You have to try to avoid Mister Claws and grow these two colors as fast as you can. It is ideal to grow one color only and start the panic, but most times you won’t be able to do this. The cages will protect the other color from being cleared from the board when you start the first pepper panic so you don’t have to worry about losing your progress. Try to avoid sending shockwaves toward the cages because this will remove them and leave your grown peppers vulnerable to the cat’s grasp.
While we consider level 89 to be the toughest level and the hardest one to beat consistently, if you hang in there you will get it by focusing on the basics and trying to make the best possible move each time. This doesn’t mean it will be easy, but honestly there isn’t much more you can do. Every aspect of this level is an obstacle. The small board size, Mister Claws, too many colors of peppers in play, and the low number of moves combine to make sure that a lot of things have to go your way in order to beat it. It’s easier said than done but try not to get too frustrated, and focus on the following tips. We know if you hang in there that you’ll get past it in no time.
The tips for Pepper Panic Saga level 89 are as follows:
- Check Mister Claws’ paw in the beginning to see which way he is going. You may want to focus on dropping new red and yellow peppers onto the board rather than growing those colors if he is headed in your direction. He makes a small movement indicating which way he is headed.
- Grow red and yellow peppers as fast as you can.
- Start a pepper panic with one of those colors right away.
- If you don’t have any matches with red and yellow peppers look for matches that will shake things up as much as possible and drop more peppers onto the board.
- Don’t worry about changing between red and yellow if you run out of options with the other, but try to explode one of those colors as fast as possible.
- While the other colors of peppers are unimportant in the beginning look for matches with them that will set up future moves and drop new peppers onto the board. In some situations making matches with colors other than yellow or red will be the best option for the long run.
- Shockwave matches that hit the statues are always good, ones that hit the cages can be bad if the cat will steal that pepper.
- After the first pepper panic try to explode the other color as fast as possible.
- When the first group of peppers has been exploded inside the cages look for moves in the bottom half of the board that will match with one of the trapped peppers, especially if there are close to exploding.
- If all the cages are gone and you only have a few statues left look for chances to shoot shockwaves at them, if those aren’t there try to grow the color of pepper that you can start another panic with as fast as possible.
- If no productive moves that will directly cause damage are available, moves towards the bottom of either half of the board may work to set up new opportunities.
- Take your time and assess the board on each new move, with the low number of moves you have to make each one count.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 89 Video
Watch the following video to see how we finished level 89 using the tips above while getting a little help from the peppers:
If you have questions about Pepper Panic Saga level 89 leave a comment below and we will respond as soon as we can.