Guide for Pepper Panic Saga Level 85 with Tips
(Update 3/15/2014 – King changed level 85 so that it now starts with 12 moves instead of 10. The strategy is exactly the same only now you have two extra moves to complete it. We added a new screenshot, video, and updated the tips to reflect the changes.)
Pepper Panic Saga Level 85 Guide With Tips
Pepper Panic Saga level 85 is an orders level that starts with 12 moves. The board is broken up into 4 separate parts, and ice prevents you from working in all but one of them in the beginning. To start you have to work in the small 3 tile by 3 tile square at the bottom of the board. There are no orange peppers on level 85 so there are 5 colors of peppers in play.
The biggest problems with level 85 are the low number of moves and the board layout. In order to open up the board you have to burn some moves trying to clear the ice on the red peppers at the top. If you get unlucky and have to use too many moves to do this level 85 can seem impossible. Don’t worry though, if you follow our tips you will be able to get past it once and for all.
Pepper Panic Saga level 85 Requirements
To finish the level you have to collect the following orders:
- Explode 2 yellow peppers
- Start 4 pepper panics
- Explode 32 red peppers
- Explode 16 blue peppers
It’s a really large order for so few moves. In order to get past it you will have to have some help from cascades and finding good combinations.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 85 – Tips to Help You Beat It
In the beginning you have to free the red peppers in as few moves as possible. This is not always possible even though there are only two colors of peppers in the small box you are working in. Try to make moves that will grow the red peppers and clear out the small board at the same time. Vertical matches that will clear two columns at a time are ideal but most of the time you just have to work with what the board gives you.
After the red peppers at the top are free from the ice you need to change your focus on the very next move. Combine the green peppers on the right first as this will send a shockwave toward the yellow pepper on the left. Since the yellow pepper starts out as a stage three growing it one more size will set you up to open up the rest of the board by exploding it. Combine the yellow peppers on the next move and the main part of the board will open up completely. If you are lucky this will start your first pepper panic, and if you are even more lucky it will start with the blue peppers and take care of most of that order.
Once the board is clear of ice it is very important to plan out your moves. In the best conditions you will have to start three more pepper panics in 7 to 10 moves. You want to start a panic with the red peppers if possible so that you can complete that order, but if that isn’t possible start a panic with any color. You should look to find moves that will cause the greatest amount of action and combine as many peppers as possible. This is the only part of the level that isn’t mostly dictated by luck so it is important that you take your time. We have added a step-by-step walkthrough guide from one of our successful attempts to completing level 85 – view it by clicking here.
If you make good decisions and get some help from the peppers in the process you will be done with level 85 before you know it. Hang in there, try these tips, and take a look at the walkthrough guide to see how to make the best decisions.
The tips for level 85 Pepper Panic Saga are as follows:
- Free the red peppers from the ice at the top of the board in as few moves as possible.
- As soon as the red peppers are free match the green peppers on the right to combine them together, and shoot a shockwave towards the yellow pepper on the left.
- When the board opens up take your time and choose your moves wisely.
- Try to set up a pepper panic using the red peppers if you can, if not start one with the easiest color that is available.
- Pepper panics can happen in succession on level 85 so it is important to start one right away instead of wasting moves trying for the red orders.
- Look to find moves that will create the most action and combine the most peppers together at once.
- Look for matches that will grow peppers and send shockwaves towards other grown peppers to speed things up.
- Try not to get too frustrated, no matter how well you choose your moves sometimes this level will not be possible to complete. Just keep trying and if you make the right choices things will eventually work out.
- Read the level 85 Pepper Panic Saga Walkthrough Guide which now includes a video for more tips. This video has an audio track in which we explain each decision as we complete the level.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 85 Video
Watch the following video to see how we used the tips above to complete level 85. Note how we made some matches with the red peppers after the first pepper panic to ensure that we could start a chain reaction before we exploded the first red pepper.
For another video of Pepper Panic Saga level 85 from when it only had 10 moves click here. For links to videos of all the available Pepper Panic Saga levels visit our episodes guide where they are organized in easy to use playlists.
If you have any questions about Pepper Panic Saga level 85 leave a comment below for Pepper Panic Tips and we will get back to you as soon as we can.