Guide for Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 with Tips
Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 got a major makeover in the update on 3/25/14. This level has long been considered one of the toughest for players, and the new changes make it a little easier to get past. While it is not as hard as it used to be it can still be challenging. The strategy is still the same but we’ve updated our guide to reflect the changes.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 Details
Level type: Destroy all the statues
Number of moves: 42
Colors of peppers in play: 4
Target score: 7
Board layout: Tall 2 tile wide column in the middle with four 3 tile extensions which are offset on each side.
Mister Claws: Inactive
Difficulties: The position of the statues makes it difficult to get to them.
Level Requirements: To complete level 70 you have to remove all the statues (8).
Tips to Help You Beat Pepper Panic Saga Level 70
Level 70 is definitely tough, but it is the kind of tough that we actually prefer since there isn’t much luck involved. While the board is really tight and it is hard to find moves at times, once you get going making the right choices will make all the difference.
The first thing you need to do is notice which colors are trapped in the ice. After the update there are always purple and green peppers there, and the ice starts out partially damaged. You have to remove the ice as fast as possible and should focus on growing the colors that are trapped first. You are going to have to check what the board gives you since options are limited so try to explode a frozen color based on which colors are available.
Once you clear the ice the board will open up and you will have peppers that are sitting next to each statue. Since the colors are now all the same on each side you should concentrate on growing one of those colors. Before you make any move make sure there aren’t any matches available that would send shockwaves in the direction of the statues. Shockwaves are the quickest way to damage the statues to get rid of them, and a lot of times when we are growing the ones next to the statues they end up moved before we get them to explode. So look for 4 pepper and “L” and “T” shaped matches first and then try to grow the color that has the most peppers sitting next to statues.
The best way to get through this level consistently is to take your time and set up matches that will lead to other matches that will make shockwaves. This is helpful in all levels so I made some screenshots to illustrate what I mean. In the first screenshot you can see that the “L” shaped match is already there, you should make this match every time you get the chance (Note these screenshots were taken from the old version. In the new version there are now purple peppers instead of orange):
I outlined the peppers next to the statue in blue because they are important. When you have two peppers of the same color next to the statue like that you have the opportunity to set up a match that will create a shockwave. In the next screenshot you can see the orange peppers have the right kind of gap to make a 4 pepper match. By making the vertical match with the red peppers below you can drop the orange pepper into place to make the match and damage the statue with a shockwave.
Finding and making these kinds of matches will get you in position to destroy the statues and get pats level 70 as fast as possible. If these opportunities aren’t available the level can still be completed. The main thing you need to do is assess the situation after each move you make. There will be times that exploding peppers next to the statues will be the most effective way to remove them, but in the end it will probably take a combination of both methods.
Now that the level has been changed exploding purple or green peppers next to the statues makes things a lot easier than it used to be. Look to try to do this while keeping your eye out for the shockwave matches. This is the only major change in the strategy, but it is an important one.
We added a new Level 70 Walkthrough video guide to help show how these tips work. In the walkthrough we talk you through the decision-making process as we complete the level in a new video. You can check it out now by clicking here. We thought it might be the best way to illustrate our tips from this guide, and may add more of these to other levels if we get good feedback.
This level has a lot of moves and each attempt takes time which can add to the frustration. Try not to let this work against you and take a break if you find you aren’t playing your best. You could also try to go back and play a level like 38 or 62 for more practice in setting up shockwaves to hit statues that are hard to get at. Level 70 is difficult but we are sure you can beat it if you follow the tips below.
The Tips for Pepper Panic Saga level 70 are as follows:
- Notice that purple and green peppers always start out trapped in the ice, and look at the board to see which color you can free the fastest.
- Clear the ice as fast as possible.
- One the ice is gone look for chances to make matches that will cause shockwaves and damage the statues directly.
- If there aren’t any 4 pepper or “T” and “L” shaped matches available try to set them up in places where you see two of the same color peppers sitting next to a statue.
- While you are looking for shockwaves also concentrate on trying to grow the peppers sitting next to the statues.
- Grow either purple or green based on what the board is giving you and switch colors if one is taking you too long. Keep in mind that when you start a panic all the progress you made on the other color will be wiped out. So just try to get one of them to explode as fast as possible.
- Always check before each move to make sure a new chance to make a shockwave didn’t fall into place.
- 5 pepper matches in a straight line are fine especially at the beginning when the ice is still there and when they are of the color that is sitting closest to the statues. These matches will help grow peppers fast and get them ready to explode.
- Pepper panics are also fine and will likely happen since you start with 42 moves but they aren’t as important as matches that will directly damage the statues.
- When the board is really bad vertical 3 and 4 pepper matches are a good way to clear things out.
- Try to avoid moves that will make 3 pepper matches and remove pairs of peppers that are sitting next to the statues.
- Watch our Walkthrough guide video where we explain how we use all of the above tips while completing the level – Level 70 Pepper Panic Saga Walkthrough Guide
- If you get down to one statue and are about to run out of moves you can use your free hammer boosters to knock out that statue. Each hammer only causes one hits worth of damage so make sure you have enough hammers to do the job.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 Video
Watch the level 70 video to see how we used the tips above to finish the level:
To see two more Pepper Panic Saga level 70 videos from when the level was more difficult click here and click here. If you want to add new Pepper Panic Saga friends, get tips on a level, or just complain when you’re stuck, join our Pepper Panic Tips Facebook group. We have a growing community of friendly Pepper Panic Saga players, and everyone is welcome to join – click here.
Please take a second to like us on Facebook by clicking the like button on the right-hand side of the screen. If you have any questions about Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 leave a comment below for Pepper Panic Tips and we will get back to you as fast as we can.