Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 Screenshots
Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 Guide With Tips
Pepper Panic Saga level 70 is a destroy all the statues level that starts with 50 moves. The board has an odd shape that is basically a two tile wide column in the middle with 5 three tile extensions which are offset on each side. There are four colors of peppers in play with the blue and purple ones left out. Level 70 has ten statues to destroy which are all on the outside of the board and start out blocked behind peppers that are trapped in ice.
The odd shape is really confined and makes this level one of the more difficult ones to beat in the first 85 levels. The high number of moves and the low number of colors of peppers make things a little better, but overall until the ice is removed this level is a pain. After you clear the ice there is a little more in the way of possibilities but even then your options are limited.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 Requirements
The following is required to complete level 70 and move on:
- Destroy all the statues (10)
To start the level two of the statues are completely intact and require 3 hits to destroy. In addition there are 4 slightly damaged statues that require 2 hits to destroy, and 4 extremely damaged statues that require 1 hit to destroy.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 – Tips To Help You Beat It
Level 70 is definitely tough, but it is the kind of tough that we actually prefer since there isn’t much luck involved. While the board is really tight and it is hard to find moves at times, once you get going making the right choices will make all the difference.
The first thing you need to do is check which colors are trapped in the ice. You have to remove the ice as fast as possible and should focus on growing the colors that are trapped first. You are going to have to check what the board gives you since options are limited so try to explode a frozen color based on which colors are available.
Once you clear the ice the board will open up and you will have peppers that are sitting next to each statue. If you notice that there a lot of one particular color sitting next to the statues concentrate on growing that color. Before you make any move make sure there aren’t any matches available that would send shockwaves in the direction of the statues. Shockwaves are the quickest way to damage the statues to get rid of them, and a lot of times when we are growing the ones next to the statues they end up moved before we get them to explode. So look for 4 pepper and “L” and “T” shaped matches first and then try to grow the color that has the most peppers sitting next to statues.
The best way to get through this level consistently is to take your time and set up matches that will lead to other matches that will make shockwaves. This is helpful in all levels so I made some screenshots to illustrate what I mean. In the first screenshot you can see that the “L” shaped match is already there, you should make this match every time you get the chance:
I outlined the peppers next to the statue in blue because they are important. When you have two peppers of the same color next to the statue like that you have the opportunity to set up a match that will create a shockwave. In the next screenshot you can see the orange peppers have the right kind of gap to make a 4 pepper match. By making the vertical match with the red peppers below you can drop the orange pepper into place to make the match and damage the statue with a shockwave.
Finding and making these kinds of matches will get you in position to destroy the statues and pass level 70 as fast as possible. If these opportunities aren’t available the level can still be completed. The main thing you need to do is assess the situation after each move you make. There will be times that exploding peppers next to the statues will be the most effective way to remove them, but in the end it will probably take a combination of both methods.
We added a new Level 70 Walkthrough video guide to help show how these tips work. In the walkthrough we talk you through the decision-making process as we complete the level in a new video. You can check it out now by clicking here. We thought it might be the best way to illustrate our tips from this guide, and may add more of these to other levels if we get good feedback.
This level has a lot of moves and each attempt takes time which can add to the frustration. Try not to let this work against you and take a break if you find you aren’t playing your best. You could also try to go back and play a level like 38 or 62 for more practice in setting up shockwaves to hit statues that are hard to get at. Level 70 is difficult but we are sure you can beat it if you follow the tips below.
The Tips for Pepper Panic Saga level 70 are as follows:
- Check which colors of peppers are trapped in the ice and look at the board to see which color you can free the fastest.
- Clear the ice as fast as possible.
- One the ice is gone look for chances to make matches that will cause shockwaves and damage the statues directly.
- If there aren’t any 4 pepper or “T” and “L” shaped matches available try to set them up in places where you see two of the same color peppers sitting next to a statue.
- If no opportunities to create shockwaves exist concentrate on trying to grow the color which has the most peppers sitting next to the statues.
- Always check before each move to make sure a new chance to make a shockwave didn’t fall into place.
- 5 pepper matches in a straight line are fine especially at the beginning when the ice is still there and when they are of the color that is sitting closest to the statues. These matches will help grow peppers fast and get them ready to explode.
- Pepper panics are also fine and will likely happen since you start with 50 moves but they aren’t as important as matches that will directly damage the statues.
- When the board is really bad vertical 3 and 4 pepper matches are a good way to clear things out.
- Try to avoid moves that will make 3 pepper matches and remove pairs of peppers that are sitting next to the statues.
- Watch our Walkthrough guide video where we explain how we use all of the above tips while completing the level – Level 70 Pepper Panic Saga Walkthrough Guide
- If you get down to one statue and are about to run out of moves you can use your free hammer boosters to knock out that statue. Each hammer only causes one hits worth of damage so make sure you have enough hammers to do the job.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 Video
Watch the level 70 video to see how we used the tips above to finish the level:
To see two more Pepper Panic Saga level 70 videos click here and click here. Check our Pepper Panic Saga Episodes page to find links to playlists of all the current levels of Pepper Panic on our YouTube channel. For tips on levels that we haven’t written guides for yet join our closed Facebook group “Pepper Panic Add Me and Level Tips” by clicking here. We talk about all the levels and the common problems players run into in the game.
Please take a second to like us on Facebook by clicking the like button on the right-hand side of the screen. If you have any questions about Pepper Panic Saga Level 70 leave a comment below for Pepper Panic Tips and we will get back to you as fast as we can.