Pepper Panic Saga Level 55 Guide With Tips
(Update 12/24/2013 – King changed level 55 to add 4 extra moves. We updated the screenshots and the video so they are both current. The strategy is still the same it is just slightly easier now. To read about what other levels King changed click here.)
Pepper panic saga level 55 is a level that a lot of people get stuck on. I went back to play it a few times before writing this guide and can attest to the fact that is indeed difficult. It is a destroy all the statues level that has 2 statues in the bottom left and upper right hand corners of the board. That doesn’t sound very bad, but the statues are surrounded by peppers that are trapped in ice, and are separated from the main board. On top of that Mister Claws is active in this level and moves up and down the board stealing your grown peppers. The level starts with 36 moves and the board is shaped like a slash which is pretty constrained in the middle.
Pepper Panic Saga level 55 Requirements:
- Destroy all the statues (2)
The statues both start out partially damaged and require two hits to destroy.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 55 Tips to Help You Beat It
To complete this level you are going to have to overcome three major obstacles – Mister Claws, the board layout, and the ice. Before you start making moves look at which colors of peppers are trapped in the ice that is touching the statues directly. You are going to need to free these peppers in order to damage the statues. This is important because freeing all the peppers from the ice will give you problems, especially at the top of the board. You are going to want to free as few of the peppers closest to the statues as you can and use the remaining ice to keep them in place. In the first screenshot example above I would focus on orange peppers first since they are touching both of my statues. Once you have freed your peppers grow that color on the main board and start explosions to break the statues and complete the level.
That by itself would be pretty easy, but the board’s other two obstacles make this much more difficult. The board layout narrows down your choices when it comes to making matches. Often you will be unable to find a match for the colors you are looking to complete and will find yourself searching for a move that isn’t just a waste of time. Mister Claws seems to always be right on your heels and will snatch the peppers you have started to grow, and at times will make level 55 feel impossible.
To complete pepper panic saga level 55 you are going to have to focus on making matches away from the cat, explode peppers to free up the ones trapped in ice, and manage to do so without running out of moves or freeing all the peppers at the top which will make it very hard to damage the statues. Since this is a difficult level we have an added Level 55 Walkthrough Guide that has a video with commentary that shows you how to use the tips. You can view the walkthrough guide by clicking here.
- Look at which peppers are trapped in the ice closest to the statues.
- Focus on one or two colors of peppers to grow which will free the closest peppers to the statues from their ice.
- Stay away from Mister Claws – If he is at the top of the board, you should be working at the bottom of the board and so on.
- Leave your peppers behind. I know you worked hard to grow those peppers but sometimes the cat is just going to get them no matter what you do. Rather than wasting time and moves trying to rescue grown peppers, if you see Claws coming move to the other end of the board and start over. This may be the most important tip for level 55, and I know you don’t want to leave them but you have to.
- Don’t free too many peppers from their ice. If you free a pepper that is touching a statue the ice from the other peppers nearby will hold it in place exactly where you want it. If all the ice is gone the peppers will move around too much and you won’t be able to destroy the statues without getting lucky.
- Avoid shockwaves that will damage the ice on the peppers that are not touching the statues.
- Avoid pepper panics unless they are started with a color you have freed from the ice next to the statues. Pepper panics don’t really help you advance towards your goals in level 55 at all and will actually hurt you by clearing the board.
- Check out our Level 55 Walkthrough guide to see these tips in action. That guide has a video with commentary where we explain our decisions as we go on to complete the level.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 55 Video
The following video shows the completion of level 55 to give you an idea of what it looks like. See how we used the tips above to beat level 55 and move on to level 56!
For videos of pepper panic saga level 55 when it had fewer moves click here and click here, and check out our episodes guide for organized playlists of all the available pepper panic saga level videos.
If you have questions about Pepper Panic Saga level 55 leave a comment below for Pepper Panic Tips and we will get back to you as fast as we can.