Level 38 Pepper Panic Saga Screenshots
Level 38 Pepper Panic Saga Guide and Tips
(Update 12/24/2013 – King changed the board layout on level 38. I updated the top screenshot and the video to reflect the new changes. If you want to read more about which other levels King changed click here.)
Level 38 pepper panic saga is a destroy all the statues level where all the statues are away from the peppers. If you are unsure on how statues work read our statues article before attempting this level. Level 38 starts with 37 moves, and has 4 colors of peppers in play. There are 10 statues which you have to destroy which all sit off of the board on the top and bottom. At first glance the board looks impossible to complete, but we can assure you that it’s not as hard as it looks.
If you want to complete level 38 pepper panic you need to create shockwaves by combining 4 or 5 peppers of the same color. Vertical 4 way combos will cause damage to both statues at the top and bottom of that column. “L” and “T” shaped 5 way combos will start shockwaves in two directions, so they are equally as useful.
Level 38 Pepper Panic Saga – Tips to Help You Beat It
The tips to beat this board are as follows:
- Focus on vertical 4 pepper combos
- Utilize “L” and “T” shape 5 pepper combos
- 5 ways combos in a straight line are not very useful in this level so make an “L” or “T” shaped one instead if you can
- Pepper Panics are bound to start, so don’t go out of your way to get them started
- If you see that you have 3 of the same color pepper in a column with a gap try making vertical 3 color combos in the column next to them and try to get one more of your color to drop
- If you don’t have any 4 pepper combos or “L” and “T” shaped matches, grow peppers in an effort to start a pepper panic which will clear out the board and possibly get you some hits on your statues.
This is one of the first really tricky levels and a preview of what’s to come at the higher levels. Take your time and try to set up your combos since you have plenty of moves to work with. The two statues on the outside columns are the hardest to complete so if you get a chance to send a shockwave at one of those take it immediately.
Level 38 Pepper Panic Saga Video
Watch the following video to see how we completed level 38 of pepper panic saga using the tips above: