Guide for Pepper Panic Saga Level 170 with Tips
Pepper Panic Saga Level 170 Details
Level type: Destroy all the statues
Number of moves: 55
Colors of peppers in play: 5
Target score: 60,000
Board layout: 4 tile by 4 tile rectangle with two narrow one tile columns on the sides.
Obstructions: Timer peppers
Mister Claws: Inactive
Difficulties: The timer peppers become petrified and block you from doing damage to the already hard to get to statues.
Level Requirements: To complete this level you have to destroy all the statues (2)
Tips to Help You Beat Pepper Panic Saga Level 170
Pepper Panic Saga level 170 is one of the hardest levels from episode 12, and we think it is one of the most difficult levels currently in the game. It is a lot like level 125 only harder, and it sort of reminds us of the old version of level 80 in the way that no matter how well you plan you often come up short.
There are only two partially damaged statues that you have to remove, but they are in a position where you can’t hit them with shockwaves. They sit at the bottom of narrow columns that are filled with timer peppers, and often get blocked when these peppers turn to stone. You have a lot of moves so each attempt takes time which can add to the frustration when you can’t find good options on the narrow board.
To complete level 170 you will have to think your way through it. You will want to remove as many of the timers as you can in the beginning, and look to explode the colors that are sitting on top of the statues to damage them. You may also want to match some of the timers together to lower the number of potential petrified peppers, but you need to remember that when you match them they will take on the lowest number and turn to stone more quickly.
If you can grow several of the colors that are in the outside columns a pepper panic will clear them out. This can be a good way to get started, and may be your best option early to control the timers.
Once you have petrified peppers blocking the statues you will have to take them out one by one. You can do this be exploding the peppers that are next to them or by shooting them with shockwaves from matches in the center of the board. Throughout the level shockwave matches will be helpful so always check the board for the right gap of two peppers of the same color sitting next to each other in the outside rows.
In the end you will need the right conditions to beat Pepper Panic Saga level 170. There will be times when the confined space prevents you from being able to set up your matches, but if you are thinking and making the right decisions you will eventually get past it.
Since this level is so frustrating we have made a Level 170 walkthrough guide to accompany this one. In the walkthrough video we take you through completing the level and explain our decisions along the way. You can view the level 170 Pepper Panic Saga Walkthrough Guide by clicking here.
The tips for Pepper Panic Saga level 170 are as follows:
- Look over the board and find the best place to start.
- Try to remove the timers as fast as possible, and try to grow the colors that are sitting on top of the statues.
- If there are 3 timers of the same color in the columns that you can match use your best judgement to decide if matching them together will be helpful. This will cut down on the number of timers that could potentially block the statues. Remember that when you match them they will take on the lowest number of the bunch.
- Shockwaves won’t remove the timers, but they can be used to grow them in order to get them ready to explode.
- Pepper panics can be used to clear most of the timers in the columns early if you grow each color first. Remember that all stage 1 timers will be left behind after the panic.
- Once the timers have turned to stone you will have to remove them one by one. You can do this by sending any shockwave in their direction and by exploding the peppers that are sitting next to them.
- This is a thinking level so make sure you take your time. It will seem impossible on many attempts, but if you work at getting to the statues you will eventually get the hits you need.
- This level takes a long time to play which adds to the frustration. Take breaks if you need to so that you can make sure you are making the best decisions.
- Visit the Pepper Panic Saga Level 170 Walkthrough Guide for more tips, and to see us complete it while we explain why we made each choice.
Pepper Panic Saga Level 170 Video
Watch the following video to see how we used the tips above to complete Pepper Panic Saga level 170 with a 3 star score:
Join our Facebook Pepper Panic Add me and Level Tips group to find more friends who play Pepper Panic Saga. We help each other out with lives and tickets to unlock new episodes when they are needed. We also talk about tips for each level and everyone is welcome.
Please take a second to like us on Facebook. These likes help us out and make it so you see some of our Pepper Panic Tips updates in your personal Facebook feed. If you have any questions about Pepper Panic Saga level 170 leave a comment below for Pepper Panic Tips and we will get back to you as fast as we can.