Level 80 Pepper Panic Saga Screenshots
Level 80 Pepper Panic Saga Guide With Tips
(Update 12/25/2013 – King changed level 80 to add five more moves. We’ve updated the screenshot and the video to reflect the current changes. If you would like to read more about what other levels King changed click here)
Back in the old days when there were only 85 levels in Pepper Panic Saga, level 80 stood out for me as the most difficult one. It is a destroy all the statues level and all the statues sit in a column on the right hand side board. The statues are separated from the main board, and to make things worse there is a row of peppers that are trapped in ice that separates them further.
Level 80 starts with 48 moves and has 5 colors of peppers in play (no blue). The main board is 6 tiles wide and 10 tiles tall which is fairly large, but feels much tighter at the beginning because of the peppers trapped in ice. 48 moves seems like a lot but it really isn’t considering the goals you have to complete. The statues start out the level with various levels of damage, with the two in the middle being the only ones that are completely intact. This is a plus because when you remove the statues at the top of the column peppers will start to drop down and provide you with another way to cause damage.
Level 80 Pepper Panic Saga Level Requirements
The requirements to complete level 80 pepper panic saga are as follows:
- Destroy all the statues (10)
Level 80 Pepper Panic Saga – Tips To Help You Get Past It
I truly disliked this level the first time I played it. Mainly because it was getting in the way of all the progress I had made and keeping me from getting to the last level. So many times I would get down to one or two statues left and run out of moves.
I went back to play it again in order to write this guide, and while it took me several tries to complete it, I found that I really enjoyed it. Level 80 takes a lot of thinking and planning to complete. You have two obstacles to overcome if you want to finish it: the ice, and the statues. Concentrate on freeing the peppers from the ice in the least amount of moves possible. You can do this by exploding peppers of the right colors or making 4 pepper or “L” and “T” shaped matches that will send shockwaves in their direction. Once those peppers are out-of-the-way you are going to have to set up more 4 pepper combos to hit the statues with shockwaves in order to complete your goals.
This is where the level gets tricky. 4 pepper matches require a gap in between 3 same color peppers, or a gap where a “T” or “L” shape combo would come together. You are going to have to make strategic moves in order to set these matches up. One of the easiest ways to do this is if you see 3 peppers with a gap look for vertical matches below them to move peppers in their column down. If all goes well you will be able to drop the color you need into place.
Tips for completing level 80 pepper panic saga include:
- Clear the ice as soon as you can. You need to get the ice out-of-the-way, but check the game’s board for moves that will damage the statues at the same time. You don’t want to miss chances while working on the ice.
- Look for potential 4 way combos and “L” and “T” shaped combos. You need these to damage the statues so always scan the game’s board before making your next move.
- Work from the top first. If you have a 4 way combo at the bottom of the board make sure there isn’t one at the top you could make first. Often moves at the top of the board won’t affect combos at the bottom, so work from the top of the board first and then make your combos at the bottom.
- After the ice is gone 5 way straight line combos aren’t that important. 5 way combos where the peppers are in a straight line don’t create shockwaves so they can’t damage the statues. If you have a 5 way combo available check to make sure that you can’t turn it in to a “L” or “T” shaped 5 way combo that will cause damage instead.
- Pepper panics aren’t that important. With 40 moves pepper panics will happen one way or another, and can be great to clear the board especially when you make 4 way combos in the cascade afterwards. That being said, look for 4 way combos and “L” and “T” shaped matches that will directly damage the statues rather than focusing on pepper panics. If there are no combos available, or ones you can set up, then by all means start a pepper panic and hope that it causes some damage to your statues.
- Take your time. Explore all the possible moves before making one. This isn’t the type of level where you are going to just get lucky and complete it, you are going to have to set up 4 color matches in order to get it done.
- Explode peppers that are sitting on top of the statues. You don’t want to overlook other moves or waste too many moves trying to set this up, but when you can explode peppers on top of the statues it will help out a lot. Especially in cases where you have two peppers of the same color together on top of them.
- Vertical Matches can help to bring peppers down without messing up your gaps. If you have a gap between peppers that could result in combo that will send a shockwave towards the statues try to preserve that and make a vertical match below it. This will bring peppers down in that column and keep the gap there for when you can make your match.
Level 80 pepper panic saga is difficult but don’t worry you can do it. For more about setting up big matches on tougher boards like this read our Level 70 guide if you haven’t already by clicking here.
Level 80 Pepper Panic Saga Video
The following video shows how we completed level 80 Pepper Panic Saga by using the tips above.
Click here and click here for other level 80 pepper panic saga videos from when the level only had 40 moves. Be sure to check out our episodes guide for videos of all the pepper panic levels completed without boosters and organized into YouTube playlists.
If you have any specific questions about level 80 pepper panic saga leave a comment below.